This is an update to a previous post covering the new process for setting up a dedicated server running Ubuntu server edition connected to a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station console via a serial port. There are a few changes because of the architecture of the wview program changing databases from MySQL to SQLite. The machine was an IBM Aptiva 2198Â (PIII) with 512MB of RAM, an upgraded Ethernet card and 250G internal hard disk.
Ivermectin tablets for head lice is an alternative medicine used to treat lice and not approved by the fda. If you are taking this medicine as directed by your doctor, you can safely take https://rexoshop.de/66932-antabus-online-bestellen-75046/ your dosage without worrying about side effects. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should not use this medicine.
What are the side effects and precautions for your health if you took it? In february 2011 it was made available in the united states, when its prescribing and dosing guidance were reviewed by a metformin panel of experts. Antibiotic resistance increases gonorrhea's ability to spread quickly among populations with.
- Download ISO for 9.04 Ubuntu Server Edition.
- Use PowerISO (Nero, Roxio, ISORecorder, etc.) to burn CD.
- Plug computer into network (needed for below step)
- Boot to this CD, in install mode (IF you have Windows or remnants of Windows on the target HDD, be sure to boot CD as a LiveCD, in interactive mode, and run the partition editor GParted to delete the remnants of Windoze, which WILL stop the installer from working).
- Select Automatic, Use Entire Disk in the options. I had to do Manual, my machine was so old that the 250G HDD wouldn’t work (the dreaded GRUB Error 18) with the BIOS until I set it up as follows: 100 MB = /boot = bootable EXT3, 245G = / = EXT3, 3G = swap.
- Configure to taste, you MUST include Apache and PHP (for wviewmgmt to work), etc., then install Server Edition.
- Remove CD, boot, type in user name and password. you set above
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop, type password when prompted.
- When done, reboot into GUI (
sudo shutdown -r now), login.
- Apply updates when prompted. Reboot.
- In a terminal window type:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libcurl4-openssl-dev libgd2-noxpm-dev gawk tnftp sqlite3 sqlite3-doc libsqlite3-dev php5-sqlite
- Download radlib and wview. Put them in your home directory
- Open a terminal window:
- You can use the following two commands to configure the program:
- Reboot. Should be all
tar xvzf radlib-2.8.4.tar.gz cd radlib-2.8.4 ./configure --enable-sqlite make sudo make install cd .. tar xvzf wview-5.5.4.tar.gz cd wview-5.5.4 HTTP_DOC_ROOT=/usr/local/var/wview/img ./configure --enable-station-vpro --enable-http make sudo make install-env sudo cp -R wviewmgmt /usr/local/var/wview/img/ sudo cp examples/Debian/wview /etc/init.d sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/wview cd /etc/rc2.d sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/wview S98view sudo update-rc.d wview defaults 99
sudo /usr/local/bin/wviewconfig sudo /usr/local/bin/wviewhtmlconfig
If it’s a new install, don’t forget to run
OR, you can configure your root of your web server to be:
/usr/local/var/wview/img (I use webmin to do this, just change the virtual server to point to the new directory from /var/www which is the default). Type the following from a command-line:
sudo adduser www-data sudo sudo visudo
The second command opens up an editor, you’ll need to uncomment
%sudo ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL and move it to the bottom, then save and reboot.
Add the following line at the bottom of the sudoers file editted by the above command:
www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/wview, /etc/init.d/networking, /usr/local/bin/wviewPlug-updater
and then open up the lovely admin interface at:
(be sure to change the admin password from
- I installed server and then a GUI above to get the priority mechanism of a server, with the user Interface of desktop.
- Ubuntu is a Debian variant.
- I enable FTP for uploading the weather files. Whatever you do, if you use FTP, do not move the /usr/local/var/wview/img directory.
- Changed run-level to 99 per some comments
- Changed version of wview to 5.5.4
$HTTP_DOC_ROOTsetting to eliminate need to copy
sudoersfile edit to be a little more limited
libsqlite3-devper Larry (thanks)