Halo 3 review
Finally played through Halo 3 at Heroic (started at Legendary, got stuck, changed to Heroic).
Here’s my brief review. It’s fun, and plays well. At Heroic, it took me about 20 hours to play through.
- No frustrating “final battle” with a big bad dude who’s really annoying to kill (Halo 2).
- Final run is cool. Brings back the original Halo Warthog run, which was really fun.
- Plot flows smoothly. They clearly spent a lot of time making it more fun to play than Halo 2 which was painful.
- Controls are a little less complicated than Halo 2, but more complicated than Halo. I didn’t end up using the “special feature” button (X) at all (shield, cloaking, etc)
- Graphics are not quite as good as other games I’m playing. Specifically, Assassin’s Creed, Resistance: Fall of Man and Call of Duty 4 are better.
- Certain weapons have confusing “rules of use”, for example the flamethrower, plasma cannon, which require you use them exclusively, and the weapon change button performs mystifyingly random functions.
- Got lost in the tunnels near the end a few times.
- Can’t play online without XBOX Live “Gold” membership, with an annual subscription fee.