This is an awesome remote with a huge HAF and WAF (Husband Acceptance Factor and Wife Acceptance Factor). I’m really please with it after using it for a week. I really don’t have any remotes hanging around anymore, and not have to point the remote at the device is huge, especially with multi-device macros and sequences. Looking at my pros and cons, it looks like I don’t like it, but it really is one of the best recent gadgets I’ve bought!
- Don’t need to point the remote at the device, good for blocking stuff behind furniture, etc.
- Really does replace all the remotes in the house.
- Excellent range.
- Motion sensor detects when it’s moved and turns on the backlight, awesome.
- Little pricey for the functionality ($250 on Amazon right now)
- Screen is a little low-res, and isn’t very bright or high contrast.
- Can’t control any RF devices other than the extender (Z-Wave 900 MHz only RF frequency).
- Little slow to come on off the charger.
- It would be nice to have more discrete buttons on the remote, as they pretty tightly spaced (lots of mispresses)
- The buttons next to the items on the screen are too tightly spaced, and seem to be off the screen alignment by a little.
- Some devices (my TV) have the remote sensor for IR BEHIND the screen, so I need to put the little Medusa of the IR transmitter on the screen itself to make it work, little ugly… Not sure how they could have improved this….
- Web-based software is a little clumsy and involves a huge number of sequential dialogs to make work.
- Unplugging the extender is required a lot to program anything new!
So, I’m retired the Pronto NG in favor of this. I never did program up the Pronto!