Well, it’s not quite a tidal wave, but here’s a quick rundown of current and former conservatives and publications (along with their bonafide conservative credentials) who have endorsed Obama:
- Christopher Buckley, son of William F. Buckley (found of National Review) & part-owner and (now former) columnist for National Review (endorsed Bush in 2000, 2004) [October 10, 2008]
- Andrew Sullivan, former editor of New Republic (endorsed Bush in 2000, Kerry in 2004) [some time in 2007, he also endorsed Ron Paul]
- Christopher Hitchens neo-conservative (endorsed Bush in 2000, 2004) [October 13, 2008]
- Chicago Tribune (has NEVER endorsed a Democrat) [October 17, 2008]
- Larry Hunter [July 16, 2008]
- Michael Smerconish [October 17, 2008]
There are others here.
I view all the polls and election results by consulting this site. I also have a status bar indicator of the current electoral vote for firefox. I trust the tally from renouned computer scientist, Andrew S. Tanenbaum, who runs the site and puts together the polls into a nice map.