Well, my UK application for citizenship didn’t go so well (it wasn’t rejected, just delayed pending some more paperwork), so today I’m thinking of applying to change my Green card into a citizenship The infamous N-400 form is all it takes, plus time. According to the USCIS (formerly INS), the application takes less than 6 months to process, so in order to be able to register and vote in the next general election in the US, I’ll need to apply soon. As a green card holder married to a US citizen, it takes 3 years less 90 days before you can apply (everyone else it’s 5 years…)..

Interestingly, like my green card application, the application asks if I am now, or have ever been a member of the Communist Party. I thought that question went out with McCarthy and Edward R. Murrow.