Archive for October, 2008
I’ll update this post as I learn more. On October 27, my wife and I returned our mail-in ballots to the Boulder County Clerk and Recorder’s office in Boulder. I had filled out the ballot completely, signed the outside, and placed the ballot within the secrecy envelope.
Easily offended folks should not play these videos…. I find these two bits hilarious. First is Sarah Silverman writing a song to her boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel:
Then there’s the response from Jimmy Kimmel:
Jim Wallis, an evangelist preacher (Sojourners, God’s Politics) who I respect very sincerely for his consistency and pragmatism, has written a very interesting piece on this election here. Again he is very consistent in bringing up poverty and war as the dominant issues being ignored by many politicians, and he is very much against “non-negotiable” ballot items.
I’m quite glad I took as many photos as I did of Greensburg after the tornado. They’re slowly filtering off of the internet and into television shows, books and other media.
Well, it’s not quite a tidal wave, but here’s a quick rundown of current and former conservatives and publications (along with their bonafide conservative credentials) who have endorsed Obama:
- Christopher Buckley, son of William F. Buckley (found of National Review) & part-owner and (now former) columnist for National Review (endorsed Bush in 2000, 2004) [October 10, 2008]
- Andrew Sullivan, former editor of New Republic (endorsed Bush in 2000, Kerry in 2004) [some time in 2007, he also endorsed Ron Paul]
- Christopher Hitchens neo-conservative (endorsed Bush in 2000, 2004) [October 13, 2008]
- Chicago Tribune (has NEVER endorsed a Democrat) [October 17, 2008]
- Larry Hunter [July 16, 2008]
- Michael Smerconish [October 17, 2008]
There are others here.